Due to this global pandemic, we all are shut down in the home to stay safe and healthy. But our hair doesn't have any idea about this. And the average growth on the top of the head becomes the problem. We all have added about half an inch or more hair in the first month of lockdown.
Even if the saloon opens, we will surely not be visiting the barber in the next few weeks or months due to safety reasons. And in such a situation, cutting down your hair is the best way to get rid of the extra strands on your head. And today, we are sharing a few essential tips to cut your hair with necessary tools at home.
#1 How to Cut Your Own Hair?
Hairs are getting long, and salons are closed. We are not using Hair Crimpers as we are in the home. But after month or two, it is time to cut down your hair. But the question is, how? Our stylist will answer this question and show you the steps to cut down your hair.
Take scissors, Ionic Hair Brush, and comb and settled down in front of the mirror. I know cutting down your hair is complicated things, but you can do it for sure. Before cutting, first of all, ask yourself a question that is it essential to cut down the hair. If the reply is yes, then go for the process.
• First of all, wash your hair with Nexxus Shampoo and condition it. Let it dry. You can use a dryer for this work. Use a dryer carefully and hang it on the wall with Hair Dryer Holder.
• Next, work out on changes with a brush. If your hair is not straight, you can drizzle it with water, but don't get it too wet. Use the end of the scissor instead of using the whole blade for snipping.
• Make sure you have comb, shears, and clippers on your hand. Drape a towel around your shoulders. Section your hair into manageable segments.
#1 Long Hair
1. Divide your hair and clip it into different sections.
2. Now pick one section and take it forward at one time.
3. Determine how much you want to cut off. It is suggested that cut a little less than your choice as in the end, we have to settle it for an equal length.
4. Follow the same process for each section and at last trim off the length and then cut the end with small quick strokes. It will add texture in your hair and blend everything.
#2 Short Hair
1. For short hair cutting, the damp hair is more helpful. It is excellent if you have someone who can do it for you because, in short hair, even less cut is more, and hence it needs extra care.
2. If you are using scissors, start from the sides and gradually work around the head. Nearby ears, be extra careful.
3. Use the comb to guide the scissor. It will also help to determine the hair length for cutting.
#2 How to Cut Curly Hair?
Curly hair needs little more precaution while cutting. You need sharp cutting scissors, hairpin, clips or hair ties, and a wide-toothed comb.
1. First of all, damp your hair little and use a wide-toothed comb to pulling out the tangles in the hair.
2. Dry hair is best as you are cutting for the first time, but do not forget to wash it and put in some leave-in conditioner.
3. Take a ponytail in the back of your head and try to get the hair as straight as possible.
4. Next, pull the elastic an inch or two and cut the hair below ponytail holder.
5. Now, open the ponytail and comb the hair in a high ponytail at the top of your head.
6. Cut across the top and about two inches from the end once you arranged it straight. Comb it and done!
#3 An Alternative Way To Cut Curly Hair
You can use another way to cut your curly hair. This method works best with dry hair or little moist hair.
1. First of washing your locks with Hair Food Shampoo and dry it with a dryer.
2. After that, divide your hair into a tiny section.
3. One by one, take each part forward. Now here we are going to use our finger to find damage and strengthen the hair maximum.
4. Hold each section between your hair and slowly run your finger through hair and stop when you feel damaged hair or split ends.
5. Now use the initial portion of the scissor blade and cut the hair. Follow the same procedure for the rest of the section at the same hair length.
6. Pinup the hairs that are done to ease your work.
#4 How to Cut Boys Hair?
To cut boy's hair, you need a pair of sharp scissors, comb, trimmer, a big mirror on the front, and a small mirror to see it from the back.
1. First of all, wash your hair and remove all the dust, gel, and spray for hair.
2. Comb your hair so that it becomes free of tangles and knots.
3. Now find your usual part in hair and comb them in an upward direction towards your head. Do the same for the opposite side as well.
4. First of all, trim the sides of your hair. For that, pick the trimmer attachment and set the preferred length using the hair clippers.
5. Let's start from the base of your hairline and run the clippers up the length of your head and just before the part line pulls it away.
6. Do the same around the bottom part of your hairline. For the backside, use a small handheld mirror.
7. Next, we are moving for the top hair. Damp your hair and comb the hair upward from front to back in raw.
8. Decide your preferred length and trim it with a scissor. Here we are not going to use the trimmer. At last, apply Sun Bum Hair Lightener to add shine and highlight your hair.
It is all about this post related to your hair cut at home. We have tried to note down the process in the most straightforward way possible, but if you still don't get it, you can look at the video tutorial for getting a clear idea.